The current turnaround time for minor change requests is 1-3 business days.
How to submit Website Update Requests:
- PLEASE SEND ALL WORK REQUESTS using the online ticketing form.
- DO NOT send requests to the webmaster’s e-mail address.
- Please use a descriptive subject line in your email summarizing the request. “Update for communication’s staff page” is an example of a great Subject line.
- Please include the web address (url) for all updates to websites. Example: “https://archatl.com/offices/communications/”
- The Ticketing system will remove all formatting. So I will not see any colors or highlights, bullet points, etc. that you add to your email. If you wish me to see these details please include your instructions as an attached Word document. Additionally, If you wish to make lots of changes to your site it would be better to list those changes in a Word document and attach the document to your ticket.
- If you have a specific date in mind, please indicate it in your request.
- There are NO URGENT Requests. Please plan ahead.
Adding Calendar Events to archatl.com
All departments providing any content for the website calendar need to include the following:
- Event needs to be sponsored by a department of the Chancery.
- Date(s) and Time(s)
- Location/Venue details
- Long description/Invitation to attend (like a true ad)
- Short excerpt invitation (used by the calendar view on department event pages)
- All content will be reviewed and if necessary edited by the Office of Communications before it is published.
In addition, we encourage including registration link, royalty free promotional graphics and images from related or previous events.
- The preferred attachment type for putting content on the web is PDF. Please submit all requests in the final document type you want. PDF/DOC/XLS/PPT etc.
- Save large attachments to the S:\[your department name] folder. When in doubt about file sizes, just save your files to the server.
- If you have more than two attachments, please save them all in one folder.
- Please do not send file names that include spaces. Please use ( _ or – ) to add space if you desire. This makes it easier for users of your files.
- When you save documents to the server, you still need to submit a ticket and indicate in your ticket where you saved your files.
- Only send in requests for materials that have already been approved. All work orders submitted will be completed. It is the responsibility of the individual submitting requests to have received approval prior to sending it to the web developer.
- Make sure you always get an auto-reply confirmation e-mail that your ticket was received. If you do not, then the ticket was never received and the work will not be done. This auto-reply means the ticket is in our que to be completed and will be done as soon as possible.
- Due to the large volume of work, I do not always reply when a ticket has been completed. If you want to check on the status of your ticket, use the information in the confirmation email to login and check its status.
- If you have long form copy changes that need to be translated into Spanish we would recommend putting in that request to for translation prior to or along with submitting a request for web support.
- Do not include brackets [ or ] in your content. Those can cause odd behavior in some cases.