All Chancery Employees:
The video below should be watched by all Chancery staff and regular volunteers.
- In the event of an intruder at the Chancery, a PA announcement will be broadcast: “CODE RED CODE RED CODE RED”.
- If you hear this announcement, you should immediately seek to exit (RUN) out of the building through an exit other than the main entrance. If you determine the intruder is in the alternative exit, you should seek a hiding place (HIDE) where it would be difficult to detect your presence.
- Each director is requested to determine the best hiding place in their wing/area and brief staff accordingly.
- The last resort (FIGHT) is your final line of defense. As shown in the video, many objects can be used as a weapon.
- Once it is determined that the threat has ended, another PA announcement will be broadcast: “CODE GREEN CODE GREEN CODE GREEN”. This procedure will remain in place until alternatives are developed. Please contact Rob McKinnon or me if you have any questions.
Hopefully, we will never have an intruder here but want to make sure we are prepared in that unlikely event.